AN fittings and lines are a major improvement over a roll of rubber hose and a handful of worm gear clamps. But they do have their own issues:
• Fittings are susceptible to stripped threads and crossthreading
• Fitting hexes can be rounded off even when using the proper tools
• Fluid will leak when you take an AN connection apart
Jiffy-tite Quick-Connect Fluid Fittings and Hose Ends don’t have those drawbacks. Their high-flow valve design is so efficient that you will never experience a loss of performance or damage to any component due to lack of fluid flow. The fittings feature a brass valve and stainless steel ball bearings that shut off fluid flow when the fittings are separated. A series of internal seals prevent leaks when the two ends are disconnected.
To make a connection, simply pull back on the socket collar, insert the plug, and release the collar. To disconnect, just pull back on the socket collar. The spring-loaded valve automatically releases the male plug without making a mess. Other features include:
• Bi-directional flow through the valve and the plug
• Rugged 6061-T6 aluminum construction with black or gold anodized finish
• Corrosion resistant for extra-long life
• 360° swivel design
• Approved for use by all major racing sanctioning bodies including the NHRA and IHRA
• Made in the USA
Jiffy-tite fittings can be used in nearly any automotive application and with most fluids including fuel, water, coolant, oil, and transmission fluid.