Over the past couple of weeks, the UCC and DPI Expo staff like the rest of the U.S. have done their best to keep up with the recommendation of the CDC and the government on the best way to handle the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). They have been keeping in close communication with the track, local government and watch restriction with gathering and companies. Currently, the CDC recommends no gathering of 10 or more people, there are travel restrictions at the border of Canada and the U.S., and companies have implemented travel restrictions for their employees stretching through the end of April. At this time, the state of Indiana has closed all restaurants, bars, and schools. They've also asked all non-essential business to close; this includes the track that is closed through the middle of April.
The UCC and DPI Expo's first and foremost concern is for the safety of fans, competitors and vendors. Given the information from the CDC and the restrictions that are being implemented on a daily basis, they have decided to postpone the UCC until July 10-12. The ultimate hope is that by postponing the event it will allow fans, competitors, vendors and the country's time to stabilize. The event will still be held at Lucas Oil Raceway in Brownsburg, IN.
We and the UCC and DPI staff would like to thank everyone that supports the UCC and DPI Expo and thank you for your understanding in this turbulent time. Should you have further questions please email them to Chris@DPIExpo.com and the staff will do their best to answer you as quickly as they can.
Once again we thank all of you and hope you and your family are safe and well.