September 2019 Public Beta Software
is now available. This release includes updates to the V8 software, firmware and the V7.5 software. Major changes elevated to public-beta in this release include:
September 2019 Beta 2 Update
- Changes to Dodge Cummins flash to reduce the possibility of $0371 error codes
- Corrections to various E92 calz files.
Previous Beta Changes, August 2019 Beta & September 2019 Beta 1
- Full flash for E81 and E82 controllers
- New operating system support GM E80, and E84 controllers.
- CMF/CM2450B platform support as used in the 2019 6.7L Cummins.
- New operating system support & updates for GM E39, E78, E80, E82, E84, E92 & E98 controllers.
- Controller auth-code now validates the physical controller against the selected controller ID when the read function commences to ensure only valid auth-codes are generated.
Customers wanting to use these new features should read the release notes and beta software warnings before updating. Beta software version numbers used in this release are:
FlashScan/AutoCal Firmware: V2.07.141 (Sept 19, 2019)
FlashScan/AutoCal Boot Block: V2.07.008 (Jul 04, 2018)
V7.5 Software: V7.5.29
It is essential for customers to update their software and firmware. For EFILive to offer prompt and effective software support, all customers must provide their software and firmware version numbers when logging support issues. Customers not running the latest public releases will be asked to update before additional support is made available.
EFILive V8 Tune Tool Development
The EFILive Tune Tool continues to progress with tune files now functional in the development tune tool editor. With greater functionality in terms of customization, precision and display, the tune tool editor comes standard with multiple themes, including light and dark to suit each users application.
The new calibration comparison in V8 allows for comparisons between files that are from different operating systems. Filtering options exist that shows relevant results:
- Different: Hides/Shows calibrations that exist in both tune file but have different values.
- Identical: Hides/Shows calibrations that exist in both tune file and have identical values (including identical row and column labels).
- Unpaired: Hides/Shows calibrations that only exist in one of the tune files but not in both.
Where calibration tables have different sizes or different row and/or column labels the table cannot be compared cell-for-cell. Instead an interpolated difference is computed over the entire calibration table that shows a computed "percentage difference" between the two calibrations.
The following additional features are also under development.
- Intelligent copy/paste that:
- automatically converts between different units.
- supports copying data accurately between tables that have different rows/columns using interpolation.
- automatically fill empty cells with intelligent defaults.
- Easily change display units for rows, columns and table data.
- Multiple selections per table, selected data is not restricted to a single rectangle.
- Display simulated, interpolated data to see how the target controller interprets calibration data.
- Tables can be transposed, i.e. the row and column labels can be swapped.
- Curve fitting generates smooth curves based on only a few data points.
- 2D chart editing (via the mouse) is more accurate.
- 3D charts are displayed in perspective.
- 3D charts accurately model the controller's interpolation of the calibration data.
The EFILive team looks forward to sharing our progress with you over the coming weeks and months ahead of our tune tool beta release.
Photos credited to EFILive.com