Nexen Tire USA has a new tire for off-road enthusiasts. The Roadian MTX is the company’s first foray into the off-road market and features two different reversible side walls. One is designed to have more aggressive side wall traction while the other is meant to offer your truck a more traditional look. They wanted the tire to not only perform great in muddy and rocky conditions but to also be a practical tire with silent on-road performance for highway driving. The Roadian MTX is currently undergoing rigorous testing in Southern California, where all sorts of terrain can be found.
Other features of the tire include:
- Distinctively designed dual sidewalls - Beast and Machine - giving the customer the freedom to choose the look that best represents their lifestyle and vehicle
- 3-Ply sidewall protection for better stability and durability when hauling heavy loads and dealing with harsh off-road terrain
- Burly lugs for maximum grip, aggressive traction and complete control
- Patented, optimized block positions which reduce tire noise when transitioning from mud trails to asphalt streets
- F Load on all flotation sizes and maximum air pressure of 80 PSI for increased towing capacity, a higher load capacity and functioning TPMS sensors
- Reinforced rubber belt that delivers exceptional load-bearing durability over a range of applications
- Rim protector bar on sizes 20 inches and up to keep your prized rims safe from curb-rub or rock abrasion
“Off-road enthusiasts make up the largest growing segment in the auto industry. Rather than throw a tire out there in the market to fend for itself, we decided to engineer a tire that provides customers with options for customization. Whether you want your Jeep or Bronco to be aggressive or simply want your truck to have a pronounced look, one thing remains a constant – the new Roadian MTX will out-perform the competition,” says Kyle Roberts, senior director of marketing at Nexen Tire North America.
Ready to take on the roughest terrain.
The Roadian MTX tire will be available for order in November for sizes from 16 to 20 inches, and flotation sizes ranging from 33 to 37 inches will be available in summer 2018.