2015 will be the breakout year for Dodge’s new EcoDiesel. After gaining the attention of the industry, the Esquire magazine named the EcoDiesel Truck of the Year, additionally the Green Car Journal also gave it their Truck of the Year award. Because of the industry warm reception, Chrysler has already increased their production numbers for 2015.
According to Chrysler:
- Ram 1500 with EcoDiesel powertrain, America’s most fuel-efficient pickup truck, now 1/5th of total Ram 1500 production
- Overwhelming response attributed to best-in-class 28 MPG with 9,200 lbs. of towing capacity and strong consumer demand for exclusive light-duty diesel
- Ram 1500 EcoDiesel contributes to unprecedented conquest sales and increased average transaction price for Ram 1500
- First-in-segment fuel economy technologies: TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission, thermal management system, pulse-width modulation and active aerodynamics, including grille shutters and air suspension
- Best-in-class aerodynamics, coefficient of drag (Cd) at 0.360
- 2013 and 2014 back-to-back winner – Motor Trend Truck of the Year®
- Class-exclusive air suspension enhances fuel economy, improves ride control and off-road capability along with entry/exit and loading, and features automatic load leveling
- Unsurpassed powertrain warranty – five years/100,000 miles
The 2015 Ram 1500 is America’s most fuel-efficient pickup truck with its exclusive 3.0-liter V-6 EcoDiesel that packs 240 horsepower, 420 lb.-ft. of torque and 28 miles per gallon (mpg). Fuel economy and the exclusivity of the Ram 1500 EcoDiesel is being credited for Ram’s decision to increase the diesel powertrain mix to 20 percent of the total Ram 1500 production volume — double the initial expectation.
When the Ram 1500 EcoDiesel opened for orders earlier this year, Ram Truck received more than 8,000 requests within three days, which quickly filled the initial allocation for the exclusive powertrain.