The Association of Diesel Specialists (ADS) awarded a total of $11,000 in scholarships to 11 students for the 2010 - 2011 academic year. The recipients of the 2010 ADS/Henry and Esther Ortner Educational Foundation Scholarships were:
- Justin Davenport, Whitewright, Texas - $1,000
- Bryan Eaton, Amesbury, Mass. - $1,000
- Tyler Fall, Montrose, Mich. - $1,000
- Brett Fruechte, Little Falls, Minn. - $1,000
- Brandon Johnson, Williamsburg, Ind. - $1,000
- Tyler Jones, Lafayette, Ind. - $1,000
- Brandon Ohlemacher, Sandusky, Ohio - $1,000
- Jeremy Raney, Kearney, Mo. - $1,000
- Joshua Spackman, Richland, Mich. - $1,000
- Daniel Stevens, Laramie, Wyo. - $1,000
- Nicholas Weibel, Elba, N.Y. - $1,000
Applicants for the 2010 ADS/Henry and Esther Ortner Educational Foundation Scholarships were taken through the automotive scholarship Web site,www.AutomotiveScholarships.com. The recipients selected are representative of the 66 outstanding applications received this year. Through the efforts of ADS and other regional associations, along with the supporters of the GAAS scholarship fund, ADS is able to assist students pursuing their dreams of a career in the diesel industry.
About the ADS/Ortner Foundation
The ADS/Henry and Esther Ortner Educational Foundation was established in 1994 following receipt of a gift from the estate of the late Mrs. Esther Ortner. Mrs. Ortner was the widow of Henry Ortner Jr., the first ADS Technical Director. In 1995, the ADS/Ortner Foundation's trustees approved the Ortner Scholarship Program. The scholarships, administered by the ADS Technical Education Committee, seek to recruit new students into diesel training programs at institutions participating in the Association's TechSmart program. Since the inception of the program, over 275 scholarships have been awarded totaling more than $200,000. Contributions can be made to the ADS/Henry and Esther Ortner Educational Foundation by contacting David Fehling at 913.345.0288.