Anyone that didn't have the chance to attend the first ever DHRA Utah Diesel Nationals definitely missed out on one of the best shows of the season. It's safe to say that diesel performance competition is striving in the West. With packed stands and a long list of competitors we're glad we didn't miss out. A handful of 11-second daily drivers and plenty of big horsepower trucks on the dirt sled pulling track offered hours of fun in the sun in the thin air of Utah. Big chargers, big fuel, and that diesel junky atmosphere-is there any better way to spend a Saturday?
The circuit's first stop at Rocky Mountain Raceway
- Erin Hollingsworth, Eagle Mountain, UT, 2000 Dodge Cummins, 301.07 ft.
- Colton Fitzgerald, Nephi, UT, 2004 Dodge Cummins, 288.10 ft.
- Bill Moon, Herriman, UT, 2001 Ford Power Stroke, 97.09 ft.
- Cody Maxfield, Wallsburg, UT, 2003 Dodge Cummins, 276.11 ft.
- Jason Varney, Salt Lake City, UT, 1996 Ford Power Stroke, 268.03 ft.
- Mike Meineke, Arvada, CO, 2006 Chevy Duramax, 291.02 ft.
- Matt Moon, Herriman, UT, 2002 Chevy Duramax, 285.11 ft.
- Nick D'Amico, Sacramento, CA, 2002 Chevy Duramax, 284.03 ft.
- Nick D'Amico, Sacramento, CA, 2002 Chevy Duramax, 303.04 ft.
- Matt Moon, Herriman, UT, 2002 Chevy Duramax, 292.01 ft.
- John Esteves, Oakdale, CA, 2002 Chevy Duramax, 289.07 ft.
- Shane Boyer, Pocatello, ID, 2005 Dodge Cummins, 295.02 ft.
- Terry Thain, Amalga, UT, 1992 Dodge Cummins, 285.09 ft.
- Ken Jones, West Haven, UT, 1998 Dodge Cummins, 267.11 ft.
Drag Racing E/T Brackets
- Brad Winchester, Salt Lake City, UT, 2004 Ford/Power Stroke, 16.519 elapsed time 1/4-mile
- Zach Fuller, Grantsville, UT, 2005 Chevrolet/Duramax, 14.32
- Ryan Dubois, Boise, ID, 2005 Chevrolet Duramax, 15.11
- Weston Youd, Spanish Fork, UT, 1995 Dodge Cummins, 12.25
- Rob Coddens, Eagle, ID, 2007 Chevrolet Duramax, 12.43
- Yancy Ball, Gonzales, LA, 2003 Chevrolet Duramax, 12.81
- Chris Calkins, St. Clair, CA, 1970 Chevrolet Duramax, 10.27
- Jerred Mattingly, West Jordan, UT, 1997 Ford Power Stroke, 11.56