When upgrading Cummins Turbo Diesel engines for competition use, the factory intake horn and grid heater plate become a flow restriction. The BD Competition Series Intake creates large flow increase for high performance competition Cummins engines. Unlike other intake systems, it removes the grid heater and grid plate restrictions without having to machine the factory cylinder head.
By removing the grid plate, and attaching the intake directly to the cylinder head plenum, the BD Competition Intake creates better flow distribution across cylinder, and reduces system pressure drop, without requiring any cylinder head machining.
- Performance upgrade kit for Common Rail 5.9L Cummins engines
- Large plenum design feeds entire grid plate area, creating better flow distribution to all cylinders Designed to support high-performance turbos
- Less pressure drop through intake system, maximizes flow
- Auxiliary ports for sensors - Designed to work with Dual CP3 kits
- Smooth plenum expansion creates signature performance inline-6 appearance
- No head machining required
- Better flow to all cylinders (more even pressure across cylinders)
- Performance Competition appearance
- Sensor ports for auxiliary sensors
- Kit includes: extension harnesses, charge pipe, ccv hose, and new fuel pipes (excluding fuel rail) Compatibility with dual CP3 pump kits (like BD Venom Dual CP3)